The Bon Future Fund provides financial assistance to eligible students to earn a degree or trade. Selection criteria for funds to be dispersed are:
- Bon children who have completed schooling through 10th grade
- Live in India at the Menri Monastery or the surrounding village
- Desire higher education and lack the funds to do so
- Special projects related to Bon children’s educational or life sustaining needs, living in above listed areas
Several examples of higher education opportunities for Bon students are:
- Varanasi University, Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies, Sarnath
- Varanasi University Pradesh, in the Bon Section, studying Tibetan
- Philosophy and Sanskrit
- The Bon Dialectic School at Menri Monastery, Ochghat, Solan, H.P. 173223 India
- Retna Menling, the Nunnery school
- The Craft Center at Menri for the advanced study of Incense making, Thangka making and painting, wood-working, rug-weaving and other sacred art
- Computer training, technical training at The Mall Solan, H.P. 173212
- Individual apprenticeship programs in sacred and ceremonial arts
You can ensure that a Bon child is able to enjoy a higher education and contribute to the cultural survival of the Bon as a whole by partnering with the Bon Future Fund through a number of creative means. Click here to partner with or donate to the Bon Future Fund.
To purchase a tangible reminder of the Bon for your home, click here to purchase our baby T-shirt Prayer Flags.